The IOSH Working Safely training is an excellent one-day workplace health and safety course for your employees. It is appropriate for workers in any sector who have no supervisory or managerial responsibility (for those who do please see our IOSH Managing Safely training). It provides a grounding in the essentials of health and safety – everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ and this course offers exactly that. Provision of this vital safety training will empower your employees so that they can contribute to your workplace safety and help to develop a positive culture, easing the burden on management. Working Safely introduces a completely new approach to health and safety training and offers all the basics in a high impact interactive package. This course can be provided at your location and we have open courses, which are available at our training centre in Dukinfield near Manchester.
Introducing Working Safely
- Why is it important to work safely?
Defining hazard and risk
- What kind of thing can cause you or others harm?
- What is risk?
- How can risks be controlled?
- How do you decide what to do about risks?
Identifying common hazards
- Display screen equipment
- Manual Handling
- Slips, trips and falls
- Harmful substances
- Violence an aggression
- Working at height
- Welfare facilities
- Access to work areas
- Transport safety
Improving safety performance
- How does your organisation improve safety?
- What are your responsibilities?
- What are your organisation’s responsibilities?
- How is Safety measured?
Protecting our environment
- How does industry affect the environment?
- What can your organisation do to reduce pollution and waste?
- What can you do to reduce waste?
Client location by request.